For the past few weeks, our partner charity Society for Community Organization (SoCO) has been working around the clock to serve Hong Kong's disadvantaged communities by mobilising resources and appealing to the community to lend a helping hand. Since the Lunar New Year, SoCO has distributed protective gear ad delivered Coronavirus (COVID-19) information to over 10,000 people including the elderly, grassroots workers, at risk women and children, chronic patients, street sleepers and other affected disadvantaged groups.
- 60,000 adult masks
- 100,000 child masks
- HKD$450,000 towards 300,000 adult masks for May/June delivery
- HKD$100,000 for materials for their sewing team to make 5000 cotton masks.
-150 laptop computers (accepting old computers or funds to purchase new ones).
- 400 sim cards (just HKD$100 buys one SIM card)
- If you have a spare phone, please put it to good use for families who don't have internet access and need to stay on top of schoolwork.
- HKD$25 general food vouchers
- HKD$50 supermarket vouchers
- HKD$1000/$2000 rent vouchers
- contact SoCO if you can help with picking up donations, installing computer software, deliver protection equipment and other outreach.
1/F, 117 Kweilin Street
Sham Shui Po, Kowloon, Hong Kong
DIRECT BANK TRANSFER FOR CASH DONATIONS:
Account No.: 017-3-063009
Account Name: The Society For Community Organization Limited